Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday softie

There's an adorable MMO that I love and play constantly when it's available. (It is called Glitch, and you should sign up and be my friend: over there I am Aspasia Tuffet.) It's still in testing; sometimes (as now) the game is closed. What better time to make some fan art.

Piggy!

This is a version of the game's piggies, though I took some artistic license with fabric choice (the ones in the game aren't adorned with flowers). I followed this very empowering tutorial by Abby Glassenberg for pattern drafting and sewing up directions. The main fabric I used was the bonus Lecien linen I got in this month's Pressed Seam shipment:

Pressed Seam, September

I also used tiny scraps of the narrowly striped fabric from the same group to line the piggy's ears.

Oink

Anyway, now I am looking at my quilting fabrics with fresh eyes, and all I see is animals. The Anna Maria Horner Stockings fabric (above, bottom centre) would make an excellent zebra!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

That is a very cute pig, Aspasia!

Unknown said...

Yay, Glitch! I enjoy it very much. I'll put you on my friends list! (I'm Vestial.)

Wendy said...

How cute is that piggy! I have to confess to not understanding the first few lines of your post at all, but I did enjoy the link to the pattern drafting tute!

Wendy said...

How cute is that piggy! I have to confess to not understanding the first few lines of your post at all, but I did enjoy the link to the pattern drafting tute!